Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nazi Zombies...nah...that's just The Aquabats


Shock Waves (Ken Wiederhorn, 1977)


5 reasons why to see this film.

1. Peter "Kush"ing. Grand Moff Tarkin himself running away from so called "nazi Zombies"
2. John Carradine as the captain
3. Has a very awkward death involving a fish tank. Hilarious
4. A very very awkward row boat.
5. Zombie emerging from the water.

This film really just isn't that fun. The Zombies aren't zombies at all and that really didn't get to me that much. You kind of figure it out at the 30 minute mark, where you know...no one dies. They also aren't nazi's..i expected hitler to be mentioned a few times...nope didn't get it. The thing that really got me is that the film which has an amazing poster got me really excited. Maybe i expected too much. I was wanting gore and nazi zombies, sadly instead I got a group of zombie's that look like the Skank Loving, horn totting "Aquabats".

The only reason that kept me watching was mainly just because of the emerging of the zombies. Like how i said before, It looks cool at first then becomes hilarious. You are just sitting down waiting to see some more zombies come out of the water hoping that one would have an awkward smile on his face. The other reason for seeing this film is number 3. The most awkward death I have seen in a while. I like to over analyze these grindhouse films to give myself more laughs. So whenever you get to watch this little film. Please...Please...really think about how awkward the fish tank death is.

Grade C

No comments: